Monday, January 25, 2010

Catching up.

First of all, I’d like to apologize. I never meant to take a 5-month hiatus from blogging. In all fairness, we’ve been up to a lot :)

Avery turned 1 on November 5th. We had a fun party with some of our closest friends in Noblesville, and Avery had a blast!

image

image

image

image

image

image

During the party, Andy was able to do this:

image

You can see more party pictures by clicking here. Thanks so much, Travis!

And now, she is 14 (almost 15) months old. She has blossomed overnight into a toddler.

image

image

She talks. She tells us no. She does things she knows she shouldn’t do. She talks some more. Here is a list of her words:

no, ma, da, shoes, shirt, pants, socks, Cosmo (the cat), dog, door, out, open, drink, off, uh-huh (with a nod for yes), tickle, outside, and probably more I can’t think of right now….

Avery has developed self-pride, and it might be the funniest thing about her right now. Whenever she does something she knows she shouldn’t do (right now it’s climbing on top of her picnic table), she gets this little grin- one that turns her little mouth into a straight line… she is so proud of what she’s done. Disobedient little stinky-girl…. I love her. :) This is by far the most fun age- she likes to giggle and play, especially under a blanket. *Sigh* I miss my baby, but I love my toddler!

On another note:

Over Thanksgiving, we moved. Yes, it was a quick decision. Yes, I felt rushed. But ultimately, I think it was God’s plan for our little family and we are doing well in McAlester, Oklahoma. Avery is able to see her cousins everyday (and she LOVES those boys!) and William is finally in the schools (which he loves). I am doing school-based physical therapy in the mornings, and outpatient in the afternoons, with some home health mixed in.

I miss our big blue house. I miss our Noblesville friends. I miss The Heights.

I love that it can be 68 degrees in January here. I love being closer to our college friends. I love free childcare.

It’s tough, isn’t it?? :)

Christmas was great. Avery got a lot of stuff she doesn’t need, but loves. I got new Bearpaw’s that I didn’t need, but love. Oklahoma actually had snow (I think it followed us from Indiana) on Christmas!

Hopefully I’ll be better about blogging. I want this to be a little scrapbook for our family since I don’t have the time or money to make real scrapbooks anymore.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

She is so adorable!! I can't believe she is growing up so fast! Wow.