Wednesday, December 17, 2008

6 weeks old today!

Today marks Avery's 6th week! It's exciting to watch her grow and change, but I'm starting to get a little sad because I know I have to go back to work soon (January 5th). Avery has started to smile, coo, and squeal! It's so fun! She loves to lie on her back, kick her legs and move her arms and talk to whatever object she sees (I think she prefers her mobile, the Christmas tree, and the ceiling lights over people) :) She's definitely getting bigger, but I'm not sure how much bigger since we don't go back to the doctor for another weigh-in until January 7th. She is too long for the newborn-size clothes, but the 0-3 month size is too big- it falls off her shoulders! Oh well.

We had a great time visiting with William's family last week- it was good to see them, and I'm glad they got to see Avery while she is still so small.

I did something horrible today. I cut Avery with the fingernail clippers. I know, I know... every mom does it, but still... I was clipping them while she was asleep- like you're supposed to, and I had made it through 9 fingers without incident. Then, I got to the pinkie finger on her right hand and right as I was about to clip, she jerked her arm! It started to bleed and I jumped up to grab some tissue and antibiotic ointment to doctor it up when I realized that she hadn't even woken up! Agh. Kids.

We got our family photos back.... they're not as good as Avery's individual pics, but they'll do! Here's the link to view!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2115592&l=2c2a8&id=3112237


Avery got away with a lot of slacking off last week while our family was here... so here she is trying to catch up on lost tummy time, and relaxing in her Babee-Tenda table! :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

give yourself a break, dear heart ... some babies had the misfortune of having their diapers pinned to them ... and it didn't trauamtize you too much, did it?

William, Megan and Avery said...

hah! maybe... i'm sure i could find something to attribute to that traumatic event....